ant-user mailing list archives

From jonathan_cu...@bankone.com
Subject RE: help with exec
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 17:13:45 GMT

Try using the .bat file as the executable rather than cmd.exe.

This should help.

Jon Culli

Senior Developer
Bank One (http://www.bankone.com)
Phone: 1-312-661-6354

"Beccio, Paul" <Paul.Beccio@baesystems.com> on 06/05/2003 12:15:37 PM

Please respond to "Ant Users List" <user@ant.apache.org>

To:   "'Ant Users List'" <user@ant.apache.org>
cc:

Subject:  RE: help with exec

More specifically I'm trying to use a exec to run a bat/cmd file that will
map a network drive before copying files over.

Here is the tag
<exec dir="${bin.dir}"  executable="cmd.exe" timeout="100000">
 <arg path="intranet.bat" />
</exec>

my intranet.bat just contains
net use P: \\192.23.111.4\thisDrive

It just seems to hang at:

deploy:
     [exec] Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
     [exec] (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

It never finishes...

Thanks for your help!