ant-user mailing list archives

From mark.rus...@pncbank.com
Subject Re: Ant as a deployment tool
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2003 17:15:18 GMT
we use ant as a generic deploy tool for our J2EE applications on Solaris.
we use deploy id's.  the requirement for each id is to have the ANT_HOME
and JAVA_HOME set in their .properties file and add $ANT_HOME/bin added to
their path.  It is done this way because each group could use their own
version of ant and version of the JDK.

We require a minimum of 1.4.1 of ant.

Mark Russell
PNC Financial Services Group

Monday, June 16, 2003 12:59 PM
To: "Ant Users List" <user@ant.apache.org>
cc:
From: "Grinvald, Edward" <Edward.Grinvald@ca.com>
Subject: Ant as a deployment tool

Hi all,
It seems like ant could be used to deploy an application or a
development environment onto a clean box, either in place of, or
assisting an installation suite. The problem that i'm running into, is
that certain env vars have to be set in order to run ant, like
$ANT_HOME, etc. Has anyone tried running ant on a freshly installed os,
and how would they get around the necessary initial config?

tnx.

|eg|