ant-user mailing list archives

From "Bin Chen" <>
Subject RE: escaping '&'
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2003 02:16:57 GMT
that is a limitation of xml, not ant. use "&amp;" in the place of "&"
because xml uses & for escaping special charactors like "<" ">" and of
course the quot sign itself. Looking at any xml document for details.

-----Original Message-----
From: Piers Dunleavy []
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 1:05 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: escaping '&'

I am trying to use the waitfor/http tasks with a URL that contains a
parameter string.

 <waitfor maxwait="10" maxwaitunit="second" checkevery="2"
checkeveryunit="second" timeoutproperty="disablehealth">

The build fails with this message

file:D:/jsrv/Mediaviewer/build.xml:84: The reference to entity "param2" must
end with the ';' delimiter.

It looks like ant has a problem with the '&' character but I haven't been
able to find any documentation about how to escape this character:

Does anyone know how I can send parameters to a URL using this task?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message