ant-user mailing list archives

From "Tim Gordon" <tim.gor...@allustra.com>
Subject import functionality in 1.6?
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 16:32:24 GMT
Hello

I've heard that there will be some kind of import functionality available in
ANT 1.6. Can anyone give me some kind of indication of what will be on offer
and what kind of limitations it will have? I have to make a judgement call
concerning the impact on development time the current constraints of ANT
will have - it's all to do with honouring implied dependencies between
projects.

The biggest problem we have with ANT is the lack of ability to express
'depends'-style dependency expressed at the task level on a task that's
defined in another build.xml - this severely limits how far we can refactor
our build system. The only way I can see to do this sort of dependency
expression at the moment is with entities defined in DTDs, which while
workable isn't really what we're after as doesn't seem to be in the spirit
of ANT.

Tim Gordon

Allustra Limited
1 Royal Exchange Avenue