ant-user mailing list archives

From "Tim Gordon" <tim.gor...@allustra.com>
Subject RE: launch interpreter
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 14:34:17 GMT
You'd have to talk to someone who knows what BSFManager.execute does -
people have often posted interactive examples written in JavaScript, so
console I/O can obviously be directed to code hosted in script.

The reason you can't use Java and Exec is that the stream handler doesn't
connect the console input from ANT to the spawned Process (at least it
didn't used to - it looks like it might be fixed in 1.6).

-----Original Message-----
From: sblanc@usa.alcatel.com [mailto:sblanc@usa.alcatel.com]On Behalf Of
Sebastien Blanc
Sent: 04 June 2003 14:52
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: launch interpreter

Hi !
I was just wondering if this was possible w/ ANT; for instance a java
program
can do it (i.e. embbed a jython prompt, the interactive console taking care
of
the i/o reading and interpreting). something like:
PySystemState.initialize(System.getProperties(), System.getProperties(), new
String[0]);
// Create the interpreter.
InteractiveConsole interp = new InteractiveConsole();
I'll try launching the same with BSF jython and see what's possible: is a
new
thread launch when launchin <script> or not (I guess it wd be better if not
in
that case) ?
seb.

Tim Gordon wrote:

> I think you may be on to a hiding to nothing here
>
> - ANT will wait for forked JVMs and Exec'd processes to complete before
ANT