ant-user mailing list archives

From Anthony Smith <anthony.sm...@fedex.com>
Subject using the exec command in ANT
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2003 15:28:18 GMT
I am using ANT to stop and start my Tomcat. Well it does that but when I use
ANT to start tomcat it never executes any of my commands after that cause it
appears that TOMCAT never relinquishes control of my command line. I am
using Windows.

Is it possible to start Tomcat in a new window. Well It does that but it
leaves this in my current window:

start_tomcat:
     [exec] Using CATALINA_BASE:   C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1
     [exec] Using CATALINA_HOME:   C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1
     [exec] Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat
4.1\temp

     [exec] Using JAVA_HOME:       c:\jdk

Anthony Smith
GSP Technologies
901-263-8953

"Having education and talent doesn't make you better than the world... it
makes you responsible for it!"