ant-user mailing list archives

From David McTavish <dmctav...@sandvine.com>
Subject FixCRLF
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2003 18:09:03 GMT
Hi all,

Anybody know of this is a bug in FixCRLF (or if it was fixed) that modifies
line-continuation characters such that they become an escape character for a
space?

ie: (I have a properties file as follows)

myproperty=this is a very long property value \
	that needs to span two lines

When I run the FixCRLF task against this file, using UNIX-oriented
specifications, I end up with the following file:

myproperty=this is a very long property value \
	that needs to span two lines

Very subtle difference (almost impossible to see with the naked-eye), but
there is an additional space after the line continuation character (\) which
means that myproperty is now "this is a very long property value  " instead
of "this is a very long property value that needs to span two lines".

Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm using Ant v1.5.1, and am not really
looking forward to upgrading anytime soon. (We're in the midst of a release
cycle, and the least impact on development environment at this time, the
better!).

I'm using the task as follows:
        <fixcrlf srcdir="." includes="*.properties" tab="remove" eol="lf"
eof="remove"/>

thx,
d.