ant-user mailing list archives

From "W. Sean Hennessy" <shenne...@goldenhourdata.com>
Subject RE: Problem with FixCRLF
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 22:12:44 GMT
I'll wager the fixcrlf task is not multi-byte char set capable.
It might not distinguish between UTF-8 and UTF-16 encoded files.
This means any combination crlf (0x0D 0x0A) at the byte level is being
converted to
just lf (0x0A), hence the corruption of your SHIFT_JIS files whose single
char represented by
the two byte combination of 0x0D0A are being converted to 0x0A by fixcrlf.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Chmura [mailto:Bill@Explosivo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 1:48 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Problem with FixCRLF

On Sun JDK 1.4.1_02 / Ant 1.5.1

I have a task that goes through a directory on a windows box and makes
all the linefeed/Cr into the unix linefeed so when I archive it into a
tar.gz and upload it - its all ready on the other unix end.

Here is the code

<target name="makeunixlf">
<fixcrlf srcdir="${webroot.dir}"
eol="lf"
javafiles="no"
includes="**/*.html, **/*.css, **/*.txt, **/*.sh, **/*.js, **/*.cgi,
**/*.pl, **/*.pm"
defaultexcludes="yes"/>
</target>

This works great, fantastic, etc... Everything I hoped it would be.

The problem I noticed is that I have some web pages that are in the
SHIFT_JIS (Japanese) character set.  When I run these pages through it
mangles a little bit of the text (enough that I did not notice it at
first).  Now, I cannot read japanese, so it could be converting
everything into huge profanities for all I know.  I do know that the
results before I perform the makeunixlf above are different after.

Traditionally these files have been posted thru FTP, so I am not sure
why the converstion is any different.  It should still be the same
right?

Any ideas?

PS.  The makeunixlf is in a shared library we have for ant, so I cannot
modify it to just exclude certain files unless I pass it in as a
variable to use as a default exclude...

TIA

Bill

William B Chmura