ant-user mailing list archives

From "Faist, Jeff" <Jeff.Fa...@encodasystems.com>
Subject depends on files instead of targets
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2003 16:44:35 GMT
Basically I'm looking for the top level build.xml file to just read the
entire build tree and figure out everything that needs to be built and then
just do it while having a build.xml file in each dir so developers can build
one bin at a time when needed.

I understand how to make a target dependent upon another target and how to
have the target dependent upon the src files in a dir tree ( uptodate ) but
now I want to have a target ( exe ) be dependent upon another target in a
different build file ( dll )

Which is the better way to do this?

1. have a file set list of dependent dll files for the exe target, but then
I need a build rule for that dependent target.
2. is there a way to set depends= for a file instead of a target name.?
3. include the other build files in the proper order all the time and have
them build themselves as needed.
4. ????

JEff
Jeffrey W. Faist
Configuration Management Analyst
Encoda Systems, Inc.
1999 Broadway, Suite 4000
Denver, Colorado 80202-3050 USA
jeff.faist@encodasystems.com
Direct Phone Line: +1 (303) 390 8496
Fax Line: +1 (303) 390 8425

"This information in this e-mail is intended solely for the addressee and
may contain information which is confidential or privileged.  Access to this
e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended
recipient, or believe that you have received this communication in error,
please do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the
information. Also, please notify the sender that you have received this
e-mail in error, and delete the copy you received."