ant-user mailing list archives

From "Faist, Jeff" <Jeff.Fa...@encodasystems.com>
Subject RE: Using ANT with 'C' projects - need help
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2003 16:05:03 GMT
I'm just learning ANT but have used make extensively in the past.

ANT seems to be very Java specific as it does not have default build rules
for C++ or VB like it does for java compiles.

So far it does not seem to be very hard to create a build target with an
EXEC command that calls the VC++ command line with he proper params.  I'm
still working on the nested build/include concept to do the entire system
and how to deal with my hidden dependencies and circular build issues.

So ya, it can do C++ builds, if it's better than Make remains to be seen.

JEff
Jeffrey W. Faist
Configuration Management Analyst
Encoda Systems, Inc.