ant-user mailing list archives

From "Faist, Jeff" <>
Subject Automatic list all src files for depends list?
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2003 17:00:29 GMT

I managed to create a basic build and copy file to build an exe in ANT by
reading the manual so far but it was not obvious to me how to create a
source level depends list on the fly.

I saw items like dirset, fileset and filelist but I'm not sure as to how to
take that list and put it into the deps section of a target.

I don't want to have to maintain ANT scripts by listing each file and
updating the script for new files so I'm wondering what is the "best" way to
generate a file list of all the files in the current dir tree and make the
exe a dependent of all those files automatically.

I have the MKS tool kit on the PC so I have access to all the Unix commands
( ls, grep etc. ) so normally I would do a shell command to list the files,
grep the unwanted ones out and create a make file for the target and files
found.  I assume there is a better way in ANT to do the same thing.

We are also using VSS which creates/updates those vssver.scc files every
time you do a get  so I would like to exclude those and some other until
files from that depends list.

Jeffrey W. Faist
Configuration Management Analyst
Encoda Systems, Inc.
1999 Broadway, Suite 4000
Denver, Colorado 80202-3050 USA
Direct Phone Line: +1 (303) 390 8496
Fax Line: +1 (303) 390 8425

"This information in this e-mail is intended solely for the addressee and
may contain information which is confidential or privileged.  Access to this
e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended
recipient, or believe that you have received this communication in error,
please do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the
information. Also, please notify the sender that you have received this
e-mail in error, and delete the copy you received."

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message