ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject Verbosity... [WAS: RE: problems with javac...]
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 15:56:20 GMT
Now come on, that's a nasty jab at Java Developers ;-)

It's more likely Outlook's fault or rather the fact that few people
configure it to reply with the previous message >'d, 'cause it messes up
poor Outlook's spell checking... (that's my reason at least)

And yes, Java is verbose. Maybe you prefer Fortran's brevity of method
names? Or the potentially numerous function calls hiding in a seemingly
simple C++ statement? Bertran Meyer didn't even include method overloads in
Eiffel to avoid even further confusion. Java's verbosity is part of its
strength, and shows you explicitly almost everything that's going on. I'm
also a fan of C++ for its power, and gripped about Java's verbosity at the
beginning, but I've come to greatly appreciate it...

Cheers, --DD