ant-user mailing list archives

From "Keith Hatton" <>
Subject RE: Branching on Java version
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2003 15:53:48 GMT
Could you not persuade them all to use JDK 1.3.x ?
IMHO, for server-side code there is no great advantage to using JDK 1.4.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sauyet, Scott (OTS-HAR) []
If I could get all developers to be on the same java version as the target
runtime environment, there would be no issue.  If I could get them all to
1.4, there would not be an issue, since these new methods are never
actually called.

And in six months, the production environment is scheduled to migrate to
1.4.  When that happens, I can insist that the developers upgrade to match.
(Just about then, I excpect 1.5 to be out of beta...)  I'm hoping to find
some build stopgap that will let us work without worrying too much about
what is for us really just a low-level plumbing issue.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message