ant-user mailing list archives

From Craig Dickson <craig.dick...@kirus.com>
Subject How to map many-to-many using fileset mapper
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2003 18:57:48 GMT
I would like to use the uptodate task to compare a set of source files and a
set of target files, however there is no logical naming correlation between
the two sets, so none of the current mappers in documentation will work.
What I would like to be able to do is effectively specify two separate
filesets and basically say "if any of the files in the source fileset are
newer than the _oldest_ file from the target fileset, then the target files
are not up to date".

Currently I am using a dummy file that gets touched each time the target
files are generated and then using a merge mapper to map the src files to
the dummyfile.

Is there an easier way?