ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rahamim, Zvi (Zvi) ** CTR **" <raha...@avaya.com>
Subject RE: Specifying jdk compiler
Date Sun, 01 Jun 2003 08:37:48 GMT
Hi!
Please ignore from the first question, I haven't included tools.jar in my classpath.
But the rest of the questions remains.

Zvi Rahamim

AVAyA Communication

email: mailto:rahamim@avaya.com

Phone: + 972 3 6459195

-----Original Message-----
From: Rahamim, Zvi (Zvi) ** CTR **
Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2003 9:02 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Specifying jdk compiler

Hi!
I have an ant script that use the javac and rmic tasks.
They use the jdk that runs ant (I don't use fork in the javac task)
Now I want to use another compiler and I used fork and executable attributes in the javac
task but then the rmic task failed with the following error:
Cannot use SUN rmic, as it is not available.  A common solution is to set the environment
variable JAVA_HOME or CLASSPATH.
1. Can you tell me why it happens and how to solve it ?

I have jdk on my computer on a different pathes and with different versions (e.g: I:/Projects/JavaDevel/jdk1.3.1_02/
and I:/Projects/JavaDevel/jdk1.4.1_02/)
2. I know that I can use the javac executable attribute to compile with the above compilers,
but how can I get from withing the script their versions (by now I've used the property value:
"java.vm.version".
3. If I want to create a class for Javac_131_02 and Javac_141_02 that compiles using the above
jdk, how can I do it (except for extends DefaultCompilerAdapter)?

Thanks in advance!!!