ant-user mailing list archives

From "Harkness, David" <>
Subject RE: replaceregexp help
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2003 23:03:04 GMT
Assuming the replaceregexp task uses mostly regular expressions (I
haven't used it, but I'm fairly fluent with regexps), what's happening
is that \ is escaping the next character (so if you wanted to match a
real asterisk, you'd do "\*"). Try these:

Each \\ becomes a single literal \ and ? means zero or one of the
previous character/group. So that matches \ and \\ but not \\\.

What's odd is that ".:(\\*)blah" should have matched c:\blah and
c:\\blah (and c:\\\\\\blah). It's possible that the regexps that task is
using doesn't have grouping with ()s. In any case, grouping isn't needed
here as you're modifying a single character (\\ becomes a single \).

Now for replacing, you need the same escaping:

Again, it's odd that you're getting "d:localblah" as you should have
gotten "d:\localblah". It's as if the escape substitution is happening

  "d:\\localblah" --> "d:\localblah" --> "d:localblah"

as "\l" will be substituted with "l". If the above doesn't work, see if
it is doing substitution twice by double all of the "\"s. :) That would
be odd, however.

Good luck!

David Harkness
Sony Pictures Digital Networks