ant-user mailing list archives

From Hugh Field-Richards <h.field-richa...@eris.qinetiq.com>
Subject DSD-2 Schemas and Task for Ant build files
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2003 07:26:38 GMT
Hi,

I have noticed occasional debates in this list about a schema for
checking
Ant build files. In general the problem seems to be one of
extensibility,
although there are other problems using DTDs and XML Schema. I have
put together a set of schemas written in the Document Structure
Description
schema language (DSD-2) which solves these problems, and I have been
using them, together with a DSD validator to check all my Ant build
files
automatically. It has saved much time and effort.

There is an Ant task for the DSD validator so that you can check schemas
from within the build files. There is full documentation on how to use
this.

They are currently incomplete (most of the the optional tasks remain to
be
done), although everything else is there. Please feel free to
contribute to
them, but please do it through Anders Moeller at Brics so that we have
some
control of the updates. If he is unable to help then please contact me.
Everything is released under the GNU license.

For those who are interested there is also a schema for Cocoon sitemaps,
a schema base for Dublin Core and RDF. If you are prepared to use my
documentation scheme for DSD there is a pretty printer XSL transformer
for
DSD-2 there as well.

The schemas can be found at <http://www.brics.dk/DSD/ >

Hugh F-R

Dr Hugh S. Field-Richards
Principle Scientist
QinetiQ, St Andrew's Road, Malvern, Worcs, WR14 3PS, UK
Tel: ++1684 895075   Fax: ++1684 896113
Email: h.field-richards@eris.qinetiq.com

The views expressed above area are entirely those of the writer and
do not represent the views, policy or understanding of any other
person or official body.