ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject AW: Default settings for the javac task across multiple build fil es
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2003 11:27:19 GMT
I think I haven´t understood you right...

Whith that approach you can specify global settings. The buildfiles load
several propertyfiles.
Because of the immutability of ant properties you can do something like:

<property file="build-${user.name}.properties"/>     user and project
specific settings
<property file="build.properties"/>                  project specific
settings
<property file="${user.home}/ant.properties"/>       user settings
<property file="${companyDir}/ant.properties"/>      company settings

If the company defines javac.debug=false you can change that value on three
different places.

-----

Alternatively you can use XML-Entity includes for common things.

build.xml
<!DOCTYPE project [
    <!ENTITY incl1 SYSTEM "file:build1.inc">
]>
<project default="main">
    &incl1;
</project>

build1.inc
<property name="text" value="hello world"/>
<target name="compile">
    <javac ... />
</target>