ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject AW: Question about the Exec task
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 13:00:48 GMT
Have you tried <parallel> task?

>From the manual:

Examples
<parallel>
  <wlrun ... >
  <sequential>
    <sleep seconds="30"/>
    <junit ... >
    <wlstop/>
  </sequential>
</parallel>

This example represents a typical pattern for testing a server application.
In one thread the server is started (the wlrun task). The other thread
consists of a three tasks which are performed in sequence. The sleep task is
used to give the server time to come up. Another task which is capable of
validating that the server is available could be used in place of the sleep
task. The test harness is then run. Once the tests are complete, the server
is stopped (using wlstop in this example), allowing both threads to
complete. The parallel task will also complete at this time and the build
will then continue.

Jan