ant-user mailing list archives

From erwin.de....@belgacom.be
Subject RE: copying files
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 14:45:11 GMT
Bertjan,

Did you use an IDE (e.g. eclipse)? It would indicate symbol resolution
problems directly in your editor (and create the necessary import statements
to resolve them).

I suspect  you need to add an import statement in your source code, e.g. in
gui1.java

package gui;

import base.base1;

public class gui1 {
}

and likewise in your other classes with similar dependencies.

Cheers

Erwin

-----Original Message-----
From: Bertjan Broeksema [mailto:b.broeksema@home.nl]
Sent: 03 June 2003 16:34
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: copying files

Hehe this is all nice and well. But i did forget an problem that's back now.

I've a couple of files in difrent packages that are two way dependence. And
that keeps giving me problems.

i now have:

|- nl
   |- fuse
      |- gui
	 |- gui1.java
	 |- gui2.java
      |- base
	 |- base1.java
	 |- base2.java

In the java files, i writed the package syntax (gui1.java => package
nl.fuse.gui). But the gui1.java creates an instance of base1.java and vice
versa. So when i try to compile i get very much "cannot resolve symbol"
errors. What to do now?

grtz,

Bertjan