ant-user mailing list archives

From "Lopez, William" <william.lo...@eds.com>
Subject RE: copying files
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 13:31:53 GMT
Your project's dependencies are the root of your problems....you'll need to
have separate javac tasks which have the destdir set to where you need them
to go (so your class files end up in the directories you want), also you'll
have to specify a classpath with the javac task so the compiler can see the
other classes that have dependencies.

To make this work you'll need to figure out the precise order needed to
compile each directory so the class dependencies "connect". We have this
problem too...our project has cycles in it (which we're currently in the
process of removing)...we get around most of the issues by creating jars
with the "other" classes to fulfill the dependencies....not pretty but it
works.

Good luck,
-Will

-----Original Message-----
From: Bertjan Broeksema [mailto:b.broeksema@home.nl]
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 8:18 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: copying files

This is my javac statement to compile my source:

<javac
srcdir="${sAdministratie}:${sControle}:${sDatabase}:${sDetails}:${sDiversen}
:${sGui}:${sPrinter}"
			destdir="${bTemp}"/>

I'm pretty new to ant, so if there is a better way to get the files in the
right dir tell me plz. Btw the srcdir needs to be done this way cause files
in sAdministratie and sDatabase are two way dependence.