ant-user mailing list archives

From "Hardacker, Andrew" <Andrew.Hardac...@Compuware.com>
Subject RE: Can I access ant's basedir value from a Task?
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2003 21:16:36 GMT
First, I love the book. I got a moderately complex build up and running in a
week. Thank you.

Now I use the book as a reference manual, so I'd like to find every
ant-specific term in the index. That's probably unrealistic (and I'm spoiled
by Google and interactive text searches). But "basedir" is a basic concept
that might be included.

References to examples might also help. For instance, files > setting
permissions could also refer to page 516, where a sample build demonstrates
that concept. (I know this because I wrote it into the index when I found
it.)

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com]
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2003 4:56 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Can I access ant's basedir value from a Task?

On Friday, June 20, 2003, at 04:41  PM, Hardacker, Andrew wrote:
> It's actually a built-in property. You can use ${basedir}.
>
> (JDA page 66, but granted the index is a little weak.)

Just out of curiosity, what would you want to look up in the index to
find this information?  I ask because indexing is *HARD* and a manual
process.  Some publishers do it themselves, but Steve and I did ours.
Its hard to take a document and think backwards to what folks would
want to look-up to get to various spots.

Thanks for answering... its a legitimate question to improve in the
future :)

	Erik

and then destroy it.