ant-user mailing list archives

From Rosendahl Sten - stro <s...@im.se>
Subject RE: How to use VSS from script running on linux..?
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 16:32:34 GMT
I'm afraid you'll have to wait for JSR147
(http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=147) or try to access SourceSafe for
Linux (http://www.kegel.com/linux/vss-howto.html) or why not think of using
something (anything!) else than SourceSafe ;-)

Sten Rosendahl

-----Original Message-----
From: Duffey, Kevin [mailto:KDuffey@marketron.com]
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2003 6:25 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: How to use VSS from script running on linux..?

Hi all,

I am trying to use our windows based script that connects to our VSS server
via the \\server\share name to run it. When I run this script on linux, it
give ma a java.io.IOException. I guess it makes sense, but is there any
"abstracted" source control API that allows you to get/put/compare/etc with
any source control system for Ant? I use the VSS tasks to get, check out,
etc, and they work great on windows. Just want to know how I can get them to
work the same when running the script on linux.

Thanks