ant-user mailing list archives

From Rosendahl Sten - stro <s...@im.se>
Subject RE: REPOST: WAR/EAR and empty dirs
Date Sun, 08 Jun 2003 04:54:30 GMT
According to my experience, the Ant documentation is not entirely reliable
or consistent on if you should use true/false or yes/no as values to such
options...

Sten

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Maccariella [mailto:tmacc_nj@yahoo.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 07, 2003 4:56 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: REPOST: WAR/EAR and empty dirs

To clarify, set the "filesonly" parameter to "false" as shown in the
example.  I had it backwards in my answer.  Sorry for the confusion.

Tom

Tom Maccariella <tmacc_nj@yahoo.com> wrote:
The WAR and EAR tasks extend from the JAR task, which in turn extends from
the ZIP task. All of these tasks support the "filesonly" parameter. If set
to "true", both files *and* folders will be added to the archive. By
default, only files are included along with the folder information for each
file -- but not the actual folder. When the archive is extracted, you may
think that folders were included since folders are created that have files
within. But empty directories are not included.

So, to answer your question, just set the "filesonly" paramter to "true". A
simple example using the jar task is shown below:

Hope this helps,
Tom

Anuj Agrawal wrote:
Hi -
Is there a way to include empty directories in the war/ear file when using
the war/ear task?
Thanks.
Anuj.

Thanks,