ant-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: if javac fails
Date Sat, 14 Jun 2003 15:49:57 GMT

If there were a way for javac to set a property upon failure, this would be
easy because then you'd also set failOnError="false" and could then either
just do a <fail if="myfailproperty" message="javac failed"/> or have the
designated non-functional fail target as part of the dependency tree so
that when the target with <javac> gets called and sets or doesn't set the
property, the non-functional fail target can have if="myfailproperty" and
then <fail> the build there and/or the other targets can say
unless="myfailproperty".

This may be true for Ant-1.6 in CVS, but I don't see that it is possible in
Ant-1.5.3....at least not with the stock Ant.  You could always try
http://ant-contrib.sourceforge.net/tasks/index.html

Jake