ant-user mailing list archives

From Gordon Vidaver <gvida...@bbn.com>
Subject Re: Couldn't find trusted certificate using get https
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 23:25:22 GMT
Hi,
         It turns out that one way is to:

         1) Get the site's certificate

         With IE, bring up the page with the URL,
         Go to File->Properties.
         Click on Certificates button on lower right.
         Click on the details tab.
         Click on copy to file.
         Hit next through the dialog until you save it to a file (e.g
mycert.ce).

         2) Add it to the java certificate keystore
           $ keytool -keystore <jdk home>/jre/lib/security/cacerts -import
-alias mycert -file ./mycert.ce

         Then if you get a message like :

         HTTPS hostname wrong

         it means that the name of the host in the certificate is an alias
for the one in the get target's src.  In the IE certificate window under
details, if you click on issuer, you can find out the real hostname in the
certificate.

         Failed approaches :

         I tried to tell ant about a separate keystore using
javax.net.ssl.trustStore and the ANT_OPS environment variable, but I just
kept getting the original error about a missing certificate.

         Gordon