ant-user mailing list archives

From "Merdes, Matthias" <matthias.mer...@eml.villa-bosch.de>
Subject AW: HTTP post of binary data?
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2003 11:21:01 GMT
hi dale,

thanks for your answer.
another item for your todo-list ;)
-borrow the HTTP authorization support from the official ant GET-task

does anybody know why there is no official ant post task?

regards
matthias

p.s.
dale:
-thanks a lot for providing post etc ant tasks
-i couldn't reach you through sourceforge...

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Dale Anson [mailto:danson@germane-software.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 6. Juni 2003 18:51
An: Ant Users List
Betreff: Re: HTTP post of binary data?

Hi Matthias,

The Antelope 'post' task does not support file upload. Generally, forms
just have text data (as in name/value pairs), and that is all that is
supported. Sounds like a good enhancement though, I'll add it to my
to-do list. You should also know that the 'post' task is hard-coded to
do UTF-8 encoding for everything. There currently is no support for
changing the encoding type. Sounds like another item for the to-do list!

Dale Anson