ant-user mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Import - bug or feature?
Date Sun, 29 Jun 2003 18:15:33 GMT

Tim Gordon wrote, On 27/06/2003 14.53:

> If I <ant> one ant file from another, I would have thought it's symantically
> like invoking another JVM. What's actaully happenend here is that it looks
> like callee.xml is invoking targets which have really been defined in
> caller.xml.
>
> If it's a bug I'll look into a potential fix. Unless it's supposed to work
> that way for some reason...

AFAIK it's a bug. As you say, an <ant> invocation should completely wrap
the environment, unless you say it should inherit stuff... hmmm... but
it inherits properties, not tasks.

Probably the system that checks for duplicate imports is not scoped.

Which brings us back to the initial "what is the basedir of the imported
antfile" question.

What you show here is that now it fails to live up to the current rule,
that the basedit is that of the antfile that has imported the library.

See if you can find a fix, it would be nice :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -