ant-user mailing list archives

From news...@hotu.com
Subject write junit taskdef
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2003 20:58:44 GMT
This has got to be trivial, but I haven't been able to figure it out, so
I'd appreciate any help.  I want to write a <taskdef> which defines the
junit task so that I can use it in my project.  I don't want to put
junit.jar in the classpath or in junit's lib directory.

Taskdef requires a classpath and class name.  I grepped ant.jar and
optional.jar for junit, but can't find any junit-related classes.
Digging around, I found
/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/defaults.properties which contains the
following lines:

junit=org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTask
junitreport=org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.XMLResultAggregator

Which seems to hint at the appropriate class name, but I still can't
find the class in the jars.  I checked in the junit jar as well.  Please
tell me what I'm missing.

<taskdef name="junit" classpath="/home/bozo/junit.jar"
 classname="org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTask"/>

Thanks in advance,
Jim