ant-user mailing list archives

From Graham Lea <Grah...@forge.com.au>
Subject Generic Stub-Creating Task or Tool
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2003 05:56:08 GMT
I would like to create stubs of some classes that I have, so that all code is
removed from concrete methods and replaced with something like:

	throw new UnsupportedOperationException("Stub only.");

The produced stubs will need to have the same packages, class names and javadoc
and be generated under a different directory to the source (obviously).

I'm *not* looking to create remote stubs or anything like that, I just want to
copy some .java files and remove any real code in them.

Is there an ANT task, or any other tool for that matter, that can do this sort
of thing or am I going to have to roll my own?

I was thinking, if it's not already done, that a Javadoc doclet might be a good
way to do it. Does this sound reasonable & feasible & easy?

Thanks,

Graham.

--
Graham Lea
Software Engineer
Forge Research Pty Ltd
Suite G11, Bay 9, Locomotive Workshop
Australian Technology Park, Cornwallis Street
Eveleigh NSW 1430 Australia
Phone: +61 2 9209 4152   Fax: +61 2 9209 4172
www.forge.com.au
This message contains privileged and confidential information intended
only for the use of the addressee named above.  If you are not the
intended recipient of this message you must not disseminate, copy or
take any action in reliance on it.  If you have received this message
in error please notify the sender immediately.  Any views expressed in
this message are those of the individual sender, except where the
sender specifically states them to be the views of another (including
a Body Corporate).