ant-user mailing list archives

From Eric Weidner <>
Subject Re: Running ant under linux
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2003 15:30:14 GMT

Here is all you have to do.

Extract the ant distribution so you have a directory such as

Run these commands...
  export ANT_HOME=/opt/apache-ant-1.5.3
  export PATH=$PATH:/opt/apache-ant-1.5.3/bin

Run ant.  No CLASSPATH or anything else.

To get these variables set automatically, place them in your
$HOME/.profile or in /etc/profile (for all users).

Eric Weidner
Out-of-the-Box Project Lead

Heiner Litz wrote:

>Hi there
>Ant does run on my win xp without problems, just included the ant/bin
>I did the same on linux export PATH=C:\ant\bin and when starting ant he
>says: jakarta.ant.xy class could not be found :(
>If i do not export the path he says: could not find ant, so I think he
>finds the ant dir but not all of the class files.
>Do I have to export lib files to the claspath or anythin else? What
>exactly do I have to do?
>Thx regards Heiner.
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail: