ant-user mailing list archives

From Éric Spérano <eric.sper...@modesys.com>
Subject Help with encoding
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2003 20:46:38 GMT
Hello everyone,

I started using the jspc task with Ant version 1.5.3-1

Everything is working fine, except that my jsp are encoded in
iso-8859-1, and the resulting .java files seems to be encoded in UTF-8.

Now i am bit lost. I've read in the Jspc reference manual that you can
set a javaEncoding property in a conf/web.xml files. If i understood
correctly, this parameter is used by the "Jsp Compiler Servlet".
Anyway, in my jboss/tomcat installation, no where i see a javaEncoding
property but still, it always had them in my "local" encoding.

I only have that problem when i run the jspc ant task.

What makes me a bit perplex is that i don't see any jasper.jar files in
my $ANT_HOME/lib..  how can ant run jspc then? does it have jasper
included now?

I've search this mailing list, and the only thing i have found that
seems related to my problem is about a task called "jasper2" .. what's
the difference from the standard jspc task?

Thanks a lot.

Éric Spérano
Modésys Informatique
Montréal.