ant-user mailing list archives

From Lakshmi Vempati <lvemp...@cdmtech.com>
Subject Re: help with exec
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2003 16:56:20 GMT
Thanks for all those who helped with suggestions
to fix the problem.

I fixed it by modifying the perl script to process
the input arguments, instead of expecting stdin.

-Lakshmi

Tom Maccariella wrote:
> You may want to create a separate shell script that makes the call to perl with your
arguments, and then call the shell script from ant.  This may make debugging a little bit
easier.  My guess is that your arguments are not being passed to perl.exe as you expect they
are.

> Hope this helps,
> Tom
>
> Lakshmi Vempati <lvempati@cdmtech.com> wrote:
>
> I am using exec task to execute a perl script that needs certain input.
>
> The code snipped I am using is as follows:
>
> executable="${PERL_HOME}/bin/perl" >
>

> StartServer_${domain}.bat" />
>

> This seems to hang and never reach conclusion. If I add a timeout, then
> it quits after timeout. What am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lakshmi

> Thanks,
> Tom
>
> Tom Maccariella
> tmacc_nj@yahoo.com

Lakshmi Vempati                         email:lvempati@cdmtech.com
CDM Technologies Inc                    phone:(805) 541 3750 ext 248
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401