ant-user mailing list archives

From James Todd <jwt...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: shell like property values ...
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 16:28:31 GMT

i overstated something. at this time i would advocate only adding extra
evaluation
processing if the ":" delimiter exists. eg:

if foo is not set

    ${foo} -> ${fooo}
    ${foo:-} -> ""

i like ant's simplicity and i, personally, hate make so, no, i don't
relish "tab hell."
i think adding a bit of property evaluation logic would go along ways
and should
in no way fall into the rathole "not a scripting language" debate.

i was part of the smallish team that released tomcat/ant/watchdog to apache
"back in the day" and felt then, as i do now, that ant was the gem,
although i love
tomcat. as such, i, in no way, trying to overly complicate ant but feel
some simple
mods would help ant scale in projects that have lots of mutual dependencies.

- james