ant-user mailing list archives

From "Anderson, Robert H - MWT" <Anderson.Rob...@menlolog.com>
Subject RE: How to use VSS from script running on linux..?
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 16:50:12 GMT
The VSS tasks call the external binaries that are installed with VSS. This
is from the MSVSS.java file...

 * A base class for creating tasks for executing commands on Visual
SourceSafe.
 * <p>
 * The class extends the 'exec' task as it operates by executing the ss.exe
program
 * supplied with SourceSafe. By default the task expects ss.exe to be in the
path,
 * you can override this be specifying the ssdir attribute.
 * </p>

Unless there is a source safe binary for linux (not that I know of), I think
you are out of luck.

-Robert Anderson

-----Original Message-----
From: Duffey, Kevin [mailto:KDuffey@marketron.com]
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2003 9:25 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: How to use VSS from script running on linux..?

Hi all,

I am trying to use our windows based script that connects to our VSS server
via the \\server\share name to run it. When I run this script on linux, it
give ma a java.io.IOException. I guess it makes sense, but is there any
"abstracted" source control API that allows you to get/put/compare/etc with
any source control system for Ant? I use the VSS tasks to get, check out,
etc, and they work great on windows. Just want to know how I can get them to
work the same when running the script on linux.

Thanks

---

"The information contained in this e-mail message  may be confidential and
protected from disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, any
dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.  If you think

that you have received this e-mail message in error, please e-mail the
sender at exchangeadmins@marketron.com."