ant-user mailing list archives

From peter reilly <peter.rei...@corvil.com>
Subject Re: Default settings for the javac task across multiple build fil es
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2003 12:19:41 GMT
I have some test code that implements a primitive
"templating" facility for ant.

<extendtype name="myjavac">
    <javac deprecation="${javac.deprecation}"
               debug = ${javac.debug}"/>
</extendtype>

Use myjavac the same as javac, except that
the deprecation and debug attributes get set.

<myjavac srcdir="${src.dir}" destdir="${classes.dir}"/>

The "templating" is very limited - it can only set attributes.

Another way to solve this problem is to refactor javac to
be a bit like the <cc/> task from ant-contrib's cpptasks.

Peter