ant-user mailing list archives

From Dennis Wheeler <denniswhee...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: returning build failed error code from ant.bat
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2003 22:28:09 GMT

--- "Ciramella, EJ" <ECiramella@emptoris.com> wrote:
> Funny, I just did something like this to call another build.xml file,
> maybe
> there's group support for this...

Eventually my search did find your thread of messages with essentially
the same solution (man, have I got to improve my searching skills!).
But it was only after my initial search failed to find anything
significant so I spent the better part of a day figuring out and fixing
the problem myself.

Just wanted to share my results, so that maybe the next release might
behave properly for DOS users.

DOS batch files are almost a lost art these days. They were always a
poor excuse for real shell scripting, but I've seen some amazing things
done with batch files.

And still to this day, the best book I ever bought was a DOS 4 Power
Tools from PCMag almost 10 years ago. Excellent chapter on Batch file
programming! None of my other books have ever given me such a long term
return on my investment.