ant-user mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: NoClassDefFoundError but class shown as loaded...
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2003 13:57:36 GMT
On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 11:21 pm, Adam Jack wrote:
> I am working on some custom ant tasks, that have been around/working for
> quite a while. I moved them to a different project (and package FWIIW) so
> they are in a different jar. Other than that, nothing ought be different.
>
> Unfortunately, I am going nuts over an error I am now getting. I am getting
> a NoClassDefFoundError, despite the class being shown as loaded.

NCDFEs indicate that something the class depends upon is not available,
otherwise you would get a ClassNotFoundException.

> If I load
> one of the other two of the three (in my resource/jar) it works, just this
> one class fails. Perhaps it is some dependent class that it is loading, but
> the constructor for it is no different than for the others, so could that
> really be a factor?

Yes. It is not really the constructor that is relevant - it is the other
classes that this class depends upon which are loaded when your class is
being resolved.

Unfortunately the current code does not give you the require infromation about
which class is missing (You need to print the message from the NCDFE). I'm
fixing that now.

Conor