ant-user mailing list archives

From peter reilly <peter.rei...@corvil.com>
Subject Re: Re[6]: Embedded dynamic ANT tasks.
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2003 09:32:06 GMT

On Tuesday 10 June 2003 10:08, Dawid Weiss wrote:
> Awesome!
>
> Peter,   do   you   think  it would be potentially worthy to put the source
> code   somewhere  where  people  could add/ modify things without branching
> endlessly?   SourceForge? Would ant-contrib assign a spot in the CVS? I can
> of  course  expose  CVS  from  my own server, but it would be probably more
> natural if such extension were available on ANT's cvs somewhere...
>
> Dawid
>
> P.S. Send me the code, please - I would love to check it out! :)

The only change I made was to DynamicBSHTask#execute

    public void execute()
        throws BuildException
    {
        initialize();
        this.getProject().addDataTypeDefinition(name, clazz);
    }

However It is a little more difficult to get beanshell to
work on ant 1.6 as ant 1.6 uses apache BSF rather
than IBM BSF.

You need to get the source of bsh 1.2b7 and change
com.IBM to org.apache in bsh.util.BeanShellBSFEngine, and
TestBshBSF

As regards ant-contrib, this probally could belong there,
however the task does have third-party dependencies (bsh, bcel)
and thus is different from the other tasks.

An alternative could be to make your own project on source forge,

Peter