ant-user mailing list archives

From peter reilly <peter.rei...@corvil.com>
Subject Re: Large source tree, any tips?
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2003 08:41:51 GMT
I would suggest reading "Java Development with Ant"
http://www.manning.com/hatcher/index.html
before designing a build system using ant for a large project.

Ant's way of doing things is totally different from
make's way. - most ant tasks take directories
as arguments and recursively desend the dir tree
processing each input file.

What this boils down to is that normally one has
a small number of build files at the top of each the
source trees of a large project.

Peter