ant-user mailing list archives

From Tom Maccariella <>
Subject Re: help with exec
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 02:27:52 GMT
You may want to create a separate shell script that makes the call to perl with your arguments,
and then call the shell script from ant.  This may make debugging a little bit easier.  My
guess is that your arguments are not being passed to perl.exe as you expect they are.
Hope this helps,

Lakshmi Vempati <> wrote:

I am using exec task to execute a perl script that needs certain input.

The code snipped I am using is as follows:

executable="${PERL_HOME}/bin/perl" >

StartServer_${domain}.bat" />

This seems to hang and never reach conclusion. If I add a timeout, then
it quits after timeout. What am I doing wrong?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

Tom Maccariella

Do you Yahoo!?