ant-user mailing list archives

From peter reilly <peter.rei...@corvil.com>
Subject Re: URGENT: Compiling from more than one directory
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 08:38:03 GMT
I was just answering the question asked (:)., however
I did reply to the wrong e-mail as I had deleted the original
one, sorry.

On Tuesday 03 June 2003 09:13, Verma, Nitin (GECP, OTHER, 529706) wrote:
> Peter don't you think having sub-builds will avoid having cyclic
> dependencies and give rise to "commons-sub-project(s)" if any common class
> need to be there.
>
> It's always better to have something modular/maintainable/logical in-place.

This is true, however unless the project is very big (> 1000 java files)
there should be no need to have multiple javac task calls to generate the
classes.

I normally have one javac for the code and one for the unit tests.

Just last week, we replaced a complicated web of build.xml files linked
by the <ant/> task with one javac call!

Peter.