ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ciramella, EJ" <ECirame...@emptoris.com>
Subject RE: building incrementally
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 15:38:51 GMT
There's two ways to go about this...

You can try to bump up the memory allocated using ANT_OPTS or the memory
config settings within the javac task or you can break up the build into sub
projects (ideal).

If it's possible to have a build that puts together your projects frame work
and other components separately, this would be best.

-----Original Message-----
From: Maybin Muyeba [mailto:maybinmuyeba@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2003 9:54 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: RE: buiding incrementally

New to Ant!!

I am building a script in ant that compiles deeply nested directories with
lots of files(.java).
When I build from the root of the classess directory, I run out of memory
but when I manually make directories for the same directories and compile
per-directory, it works.

But is there a way to specify how many files you can compile each time the
Ant build command hits a directory, so that I don't have to list each
directory I should compile down in the nested cluster of directories?

thanks in advance

Maybin