ant-user mailing list archives

From "Tharp, Joshua L, SOLGV" <jlth...@att.com>
Subject RE: Spell checker
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2003 13:11:24 GMT
I agree. The java code checking should be javadoc comments, Strings, and
comments. I thought I saw a posting on the spell checker's website where
you could download a more complete dictionary...

Josh

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Chmura [mailto:Bill@Explosivo.com]
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2003 11:11 PM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: RE: Spell checker

I did some tinkering smacking it into an ant task with it today and it
has promise.  It has the ability to add and ignore words on the fly
which is nice.  So it can prompt for changes, ignore a word, etc...

Personally I need it to check HTML documents.  Anyway, there is an
XMLReader class that checks words outside of tags.  The only thing I
noticed off the bat was that it seemed to also try to check entities
without counting the & on the front.  I'd like an option to ignore those
or I could always add them into a dictionary.  Aside from that the
default dictionary is pretty small.

Someone also had posted a javareader that should read java files, but I
am not sure how much (or what it does).  Good starting place though.

If anyone has any thoughts on what it should do for Java code that would
be helpful.  I was planning on checking javadoc, strings, and comments.