ant-user mailing list archives

From "Tharp, Joshua L, SOLGV" <jlth...@att.com>
Subject RE: copying files
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 15:02:42 GMT
Circular references are really _NO_ problem in Java as long as they
appear in the same source tree. You only really have problems when you
have circular references across source trees (this is HIGHLY undesirable
and really should be avoided). Now that you have packages, you need to
use the import statement just like you would to use, say
java.io.InputStream.

Josh

-----Original Message-----
From: Bertjan Broeksema [mailto:b.broeksema@home.nl]
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 7:34 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: copying files

Hehe this is all nice and well. But i did forget an problem that's back
now.
I've a couple of files in difrent packages that are two way dependence.
And
that keeps giving me problems.

i now have:

|- nl
   |- fuse
      |- gui
	 |- gui1.java
	 |- gui2.java
      |- base
	 |- base1.java
	 |- base2.java

In the java files, i writed the package syntax (gui1.java => package
nl.fuse.gui). But the gui1.java creates an instance of base1.java and
vice
versa. So when i try to compile i get very much "cannot resolve symbol"
errors. What to do now?

grtz,

Bertjan