ant-user mailing list archives

From "Tharp, Joshua L, SOLGV" <jlth...@att.com>
Subject RE: javadoc relative links
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 13:39:56 GMT
It seems you have two options...

1) Use link offline instead. That way you specify a path to the
package-list file and a URL for javadoc to use in the links.

2) Unzip the dependency docs in relatively the same location they will
be when they are unzipped and use the link attribute. I haven't used the
link nested element recently, but the link attribute will allow you to
use relative paths, and they are relative to the javadoc location (not
the build file location).

Josh

-----Original Message-----
From: Kirk Mattson [mailto:kmattson@adobe.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 10:20 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: javadoc relative links

Hi,
I'm trying to add javadoc to an existing Ant build process that includes
dependency on another group's code. I've got the other group's javadoc
in a
zip file, so my ant target unzips it to a directory, and then makes my
javadoc with links to that directory. When that completes, I zip up both
my
javadoc and the dependent javadoc together and include it with each
release.

All this works quite well, except when I try to specify the javadoc
destdir
to be something other than the directory of my buildfile, such as:

        <javadoc destdir="additional/directories/here" ...>
            <link href="apidoc/from/another/group"/>
        </javadoc>

The HTML links in the resulting javadoc are relative to the buildfile
location, and not to my destdir. So, the javadoc builds corectly but
then
the links are bad. One workaround I thought about was to use an absolute
reference in my link instead of a relative one, but unfortunately that
doesn't work very well with my project. Anyone seen this before? Any
other
workarounds?

Thanks,
Kirk