ant-user mailing list archives

From "Sauyet, Scott (OTS-HAR)" <Scott_Sau...@output.net>
Subject RE: Branching on Java version
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2003 17:47:16 GMT
> = peter reilly <peter.reilly@corvil.com>

> You could have two source directories,
> a main one and one for jdk 1.4 specific
> code.
> The jdk1.4 would have the same package
> structure as the main one.

This looks like a better idea than mine, and I'll probably incorporate
it into my build.

I definitely like this:

>     <available property="jdk1.4+" classname="java.lang.CharSequence"/>

better than what I did:

>         <condition property="oldsource">
>             <equals arg1="1.3" arg2="${ant.java.version}"/>
>         </condition>

(which was actually complicated with an "OR" and a "1.2" and "1.1" --
in other words, too ugly.)

Even after seeing it, I can't find documentation that the <include>
element has "if" and "unless" attributes.  Is there someplace that I
should be looking to find this?  I think I would have come up with this
solution if I knew these were available:

>     <javac srcdir="src" destdir="classes">
>       <include name="**/*.java" unless="jdk1.4+"/>
>     </javac> [ ... ]

Thank you very much for your time, and for the pointer.

  -- Scott