ant-user mailing list archives

From "Schaaf, A.P. (Arjan)" <Arjan.Sch...@AkzoNobel.com>
Subject RE: Default settings for the javac task across multiple build fil es
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 11:47:02 GMT
Hi Peter,

Is this test code available on the ant website? It really sound like this
could be very usefull to me.

Arjan

-----Original Message-----
From: peter reilly [mailto:peter.reilly@corvil.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 2:20 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Default settings for the javac task across multiple build fil
es

I have some test code that implements a primitive
"templating" facility for ant.

<extendtype name="myjavac">
    <javac deprecation="${javac.deprecation}"
               debug = ${javac.debug}"/>
</extendtype>

Use myjavac the same as javac, except that
the deprecation and debug attributes get set.

<myjavac srcdir="${src.dir}" destdir="${classes.dir}"/>

The "templating" is very limited - it can only set attributes.

Another way to solve this problem is to refactor javac to
be a bit like the <cc/> task from ant-contrib's cpptasks.

Peter