ant-user mailing list archives

From "Antoine Levy-Lambert" <levylamb...@tiscali-dsl.de>
Subject Re: signjar task (how to sign only changed files)
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 11:31:10 GMT
Filesets can include nested selectors.
One of this selectors is <date/>
see this link
http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTypes/selectors.html#dateselect

The next question is to find a way of setting in ant a property indicating
the datetime which is your boundary.
You probably have to do it in JavaScript, because I do not know a task which
sets a property according to the date of a file.
This posting of Jan Materne shows how to do something similar (getting the
size of a file).

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.ant.user/14615/match=javascript

In the longer run, the <tstamp> (timestamp) task could be extended for the
purpose of setting a property according to the modification datetime of a
particular file. (enter a report in http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla if you
would like this feature).

Antoine
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bansemir, Carsten" <Carsten.Bansemir@huk-coburg.de>
To: <user@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 11:40 AM
Subject: signjar task (how to sign only changed files)

Hi, i have a very simple problem, but i haven't found an answer yet :/

After I compiled my sources I use the "jar" task to create jar files, then I
want to sign the jars, and finally check them in to a cvs repository.

But I only want changed .jars to be commited to the cvs server, but the
signjar task signs every jar it gets, and then because .jar files are
binarys for cvs, every jar file (even the unchanged) are commited. Is there
a possibility to sign only the jars, wich are really changed since the last
"signjar" ?

Here's my signjar target:

<target name="sign" depends="init">
   <signjar alias="..." keystore="${keystore}"
storepass="..." keypass="...">
<fileset dir="${dist}\lib">
<include name="*.jar"/>
</fileset>