ant-user mailing list archives

From "Matt Reason" <matt.rea...@movielink.com>
Subject Calling a shell that should run in the background with <exec>
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2003 02:28:28 GMT

Hello list,

I'm having difficulty calling a shell and getting Ant to forget about
it.  Ant seems to be hanging on and waiting for it to finish.  Given
that the shell is starting an Application server, Ant will be waiting a
long time.

Here's my snippet:

<target name="start" description="Starts the beast.">
   <exec dir="." executable="sh" failonerror="true">
      <arg line="-c 'startAppServer.sh'"/>
   </exec>
</target>

The shell script is a one-liner that does this:

nohup $SERVER_HOME/bin/startIt > /dev/null &

I'm pretty sure I've done everything I can to trick Ant into thinking
the thing is done, but it is still just hangs.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Matt